Top 10 Interview Questions for Freshers in Software Development
Are you preparing for your first software job interview? At Ariyath Academy, we’ve helped hundreds of students transition from classrooms to careers—and one of the biggest steps in that journey is clearing technical interviews with confidence.
To help you get started, here are the Top 10 most commonly asked interview questions for freshers in software development—along with smart sample answers and tips from our trainers.
1. Tell me about yourself.
🎯 Why it's asked: To assess your communication and self-presentation.
💡 Ariyath Tip: Highlight your academic background, technical skills, and training received at Ariyath Academy.
💬 Example:
"I'm a Computer Science graduate who recently completed a Full Stack Web Development course at Ariyath Academy. I enjoy working with technologies like React, Node.js, and MongoDB, and I’ve built real-time projects during my training."
2. What programming languages are you comfortable with?
💬 Example:
"I'm most comfortable with Python and JavaScript. I used them during my course at Ariyath Academy, especially while working on full stack and API-based projects."
3. What is the difference between == and === in JavaScript?
✅ Answer:
== compares values with type conversion, while === compares both value and data type strictly.
4. Explain the concept of OOPs (Object-Oriented Programming).
✅ Answer:
"OOPs stands for Object-Oriented Programming and includes principles like Encapsulation, Inheritance, Polymorphism, and Abstraction. I learned this thoroughly in my Java module at Ariyath Academy."
5. What is a database? Which one have you used?
💬 Example:
"A database stores organized data. I’ve worked with MongoDB and MySQL during my internship and course project at Ariyath Academy."
6. What is version control, and why is it important?
✅ Answer:
"Version control tools like Git help developers track code changes, collaborate, and roll back updates. I used GitHub throughout my Ariyath Academy projects."
7. Explain SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle).
✅ Answer:
"SDLC includes stages like Requirement Analysis, Design, Implementation, Testing, Deployment, and Maintenance. We followed this model for our major project at Ariyath Academy."
8. Tell me about a project you’ve worked on.
💬 Example:
"I developed a full-stack e-commerce app using MERN stack during my final assessment at Ariyath Academy. I handled user authentication, cart functionality, and integrated Razorpay for payments."
9. What’s the difference between GET and POST methods?
✅ Answer:
"GET sends data via URL and is used for data retrieval. POST sends data in the body and is used when submitting data, like form inputs. We used both in REST API projects at Ariyath Academy."
10. Why should we hire you?
💬 Example:
"I'm eager to learn, technically trained through Ariyath Academy’s industry-focused curriculum, and ready to take on real-world challenges. I’ve already worked on projects that simulate real IT environments."
💼 Final Words from Ariyath Academy Trainers:
Brush up your basics.
Practice coding regularly.
Be honest, not perfect.
Don’t memorize—understand.
📢 Want to be Interview-Ready?
Join Ariyath Academy – Tiruvannamalai's leading software training institute for:
💻 Full Stack Development
🐧 Linux & DevOps
☁️ Cloud Computing
🎨 UI/UX Design
📱 Mobile App Development
📈 Digital Marketing
Get hands-on training, internship certification, and placement support that actually works!
📍 Ariyath Academy – Tiruvannamalai
📞 Call: 9944297158
🌐 www.ariyathacademy.com
📸 Follow us on Instagram: @ariyathacademy
Comments
Post a Comment